I bought a scarf from Topshop years ago because I loved the fabric but never really knew what to do with it. Then thanks to SouleMama I spotted the Lazy Days Skirt from Oliver + S and was excited to measure the scarf and find it was exactly the right length to make a skirt for Papaya!
I really like this pattern as it makes a nice full skirt. Unfortunately the edges of the scarf were already hemmed so I didn't need to use a ribbon, but you can bet I'll be sewing loads of these little skirts, complete with ribbon hem, from now on! Obviously her dolly gets a skirt too! If I've got enough material I try to make a matching item for dolly as it barely takes any extra time and it's building a nice little wardrobe for her.
Will It Fit? This App Tells You Before You Waste Any Time
-
Years ago, my husband and I made an impromptu purchase of four matching
storage benches. We were in my Toyota Rav4, and let’s just say, after a lot
of cr...
1 week ago

2 comments:
Ooooh I love love love this pattern - will be making some skirts from next week when I have my mornings back. What a clever idea to use an old scarf! I have an old pashmina that would do.....
ooooh this is red and aqua!! perfect for the swap! your partner info is on it's way! thanks for letting me know you hadn't received it yet! i am so happy you are participating! :)
http://peasandbees.typepad.com
Post a Comment