I've had this lovely monkey circles fabric for while, just waiting for me to come up with something to do with it. I tell you my drawers are stuffed with little fat quarters of interesting fabric!
Today I spotted a stripy-sleeved top for 50p in a charity shop, what Americans call a thrift store, (which sounds nicer actually... maybe I'll use that term from now on?!) and knew I had a winner! With a square cut out of an old t-shirt of the Comedian's in-between I have a perfect top for Povey!
By the way, the same thrift store spree (you know... that does sound better!) produced a sweet red top for me and this lovely flowery thing for Papaya, which is actually meant to be a dress for an 18 month old but paired with jeans on a four year old makes a perfect gypsy, flouncy top.
Hacker Help! Can I Use Base Kitchen Cabinets As Uppers?
-
Can we all agree that it’s super frustrating to know what you want to do
but be unable to do it? It doesn’t matter what it is. You could be trying
to sol...
2 weeks ago

5 comments:
These are all so gorgeous! You are such a talented lady....xx
Holy wow! Is there anything you can't do? Love that top. Finn actually has a taggie blanket I got off Etsy with that same material and a picture frame made with that same material. This blog is great...you are a Martha Stewart woman!
I love that top. Its ace!! What a great use of bits of material.
I'm with you on the diddy dresses for gypsy tops. I got a load from a sale in Asda at the end of summer for Looby. My Auntie thought I was mad buying 1yr old dresses until we got home and I proved my point ;)
xxx
Great idea with the dress on J! I love it. I am going to save all of Charlotte's.
Love the new blog!
I am loving your new blog, you creative fashionista you! That monkey fabric is fab, bet Povey loves it! Are we gonna get a monkey make-take on your Halloween creations? Aside from pumpkins and spiders made from egg boxes & pipe cleaners we need some fresh ideas for the kiddliwinks to help with. Mmm, just thinking about pumpkin soup now :)
Post a Comment